Please select a location and what language you would like to see the website in.
K. Mikimoto & Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) is committed to always considering matters from the customer's perspective and always working towards their satisfaction. To do so, gaining the trust of customers is of paramount importance. As such, we believe that it is extremely important to properly protect and administer the personal information of our customers. To further consolidate the security of the personal information we handle, we have now enacted a privacy protection compliance program. To ensure the compliance program's ongoing effectiveness, it will be updated to maintain the proper handling and protection of personal information.
The Company has provided the following Personal Information Protection Policy and will strive to reliably perform it.
Personal Information Protection Policy
In this Policy, definitions of the various terms listed below are in accordance with the Act on Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003; the “APPI”).
“Personal Information” means information relating to a living individual that may be used to identify a specific individual by a name, date of birth, other description, etc. included in the information, and includes personal identification numbers.
“Personal Data” means Personal Information that is part of a database, etc. of Personal Information.
- About the Company
K. Mikimoto & Co., Ltd.
4-5-5 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8145
President Shinichi Nakanishi
- Compliance with Laws, Regulations, Etc.
The Company will properly handle Personal Information in compliance with the APPI, other laws and regulations, Personal Information Protection Commission guidelines, and other related guidelines.
- Collection of Personal Information
If the Company collects Personal Information, it will give prior notice of the purposes of its use and obtain your understanding. The same will apply if Personal Information is collected through a website.
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Personal Information relating to individual customers
- Provision of products and services
- Product and after-service provision and information
- Advertising and publicity of products, services, etc. by mail or e-mail (including newsletters)
- Information and implementation of expositions, events, seminars, etc.
- Product development and service improvement
- Response to and recording of inquiries, complaints, etc.
- Personal Information relating to counterparties
- Performance of contracts and communications necessary for business
- Commercial discussions
- Counterparty management
- Personal Information relating to employment applicants
- Necessary communication and information provision for hiring activities
- Applicant evaluation
- Personal Information relating to Company shareholders
- Exercise of rights and performance of duties as shareholders
- Shareholder management
- Personal Information relating to persons resigning from the Company
- Sending bulletins and various information regarding offers
- Information and implementation of benefits, events, etc.
- Personal Information relating to individual customers
- Use of Personal Information
The Company will not use Personal Information beyond the scope of the Purposes of Use except in the following cases:
- With the consent of the individual
- Where use is permitted by laws, regulations, etc.
- Provision to Third Parties and Foreign Transfer of Personal Data
The Company will not provide Personal Data to third parties without the consent of the individual, except as provided by laws and regulations, etc.
Furthermore, the Company will not transfer Personal Data outside Japan without the prior consent of the individual.
- Third-Party Contracting
The Company may contract with third parties to perform administrative processing of Personal Data to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use in Section 4 above. In this case, the Company will appropriately select the contractors and contract with them after taking protective measures regarding the contracted Personal Data.
Contractors will be supervised as necessary and appropriate so as to ensure the security of the contracted Personal Data.
- Joint Use
The Company will jointly use Personal Data within the Company group as follows.
- Items of jointly used Personal Data: Names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers,
- Scope of Joint Users: The following group companies of the Company
Mikimoto Pearl Island Co., Ltd.
Mikimoto Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Mikimoto Jewelry MFG. Co., Ltd.
- Purpose of Joint Use: Within the scope of the purposes listed in Section 4 above
- Manager for Joint Use: K. Mikimoto & Co., Ltd. (please make inquiries regarding details of joint use to the “Contact for Inquiries” below)
- Proper Management of Personal Data
The Company will preserve Personal Data in an accurate and up-to-date state, delete it without delay once there is no longer a need to use it, and strive toward the prevention of loss, damage, alteration, and leakage of Personal Data and unauthorized access to Personal Data and other security measures.
In relation to security measures for Personal Data, the Company’s organizational, physical, and technical measures, thorough education of employees, etc. will be specifically provided and implemented under the separate Company Personal Information Handling Rules.
- Disclosure, Revision, Etc. of Personal Data
If the Company has received a request for the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc. of Personal Data held by the Company, it will respond to a reasonable extent after confirming the identity of the individual. If disclosure, etc. is requested, please contact the “Contact for Inquiries” below.
- Revision of Personal Information Protection Policy and Improvement of Protective Measures
The Company will regularly revise this Policy and plan to make continuous improvements to the protective measures.
[Contact for Inquiries]
Mikimoto Customer Service Center
Operating Hours: 10:30 to 17:00 except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
Personal Data Administration Manager
K. MIKIMOTO & CO., LTD.